Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Questions

3 posters

:: Rules Q&A

Go down

Some Questions Empty Some Questions

Post  Slifer Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Alright, I asked this in the Bandai Rules Q and A and didnt get and answer. Figures.

OK, so I've seen many threads about this but I've never read ( so far) the answers to these:
1) Let's say I have Illusiona level 3, 6000 BP. And my opponent has a Dimetrodoron LV2 (5000 BP). Said Dimetrodon is exhausted. I attack it with Illusiona. As I undestand it, it's like Illusiona is attacking and Dimetrodoron is blocking the attack. Therefore can my opponent play cards like defensive aura to buff up his spirit (since its considered to be blocking)?
2) I have a GiantHero Titus out, of course I want to use the When Attacks effect. I play killer telescope so that my Titus can attack exhausted spirits. Problem is-he doesn't have any. He only has 2 beatbeetles, unexhausted. So I attack with another spirit, and my opponent blocks with one beatbeetle. The beatbeetle is exhuasted now, can I attack it with Titus because of my Killer Telescope's effect?
3)Hmmm....I was playing one time and I was thinking, is the text on Postman Pentan supposed to read as "empereur" or "emperor". If it reads as emperor, then I wonder if cards like "DragonEmperor Seigfried" count when activating its effect.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Some Questions Empty Re: Some Questions

Post  alucard sparda Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 am

Slifer wrote:Alright, I asked this in the Bandai Rules Q and A and didnt get and answer. Figures.

OK, so I've seen many threads about this but I've never read ( so far) the answers to these:
1) Let's say I have Illusiona level 3, 6000 BP. And my opponent has a Dimetrodoron LV2 (5000 BP). Said Dimetrodon is exhausted. I attack it with Illusiona. As I undestand it, it's like Illusiona is attacking and Dimetrodoron is blocking the attack. Therefore can my opponent play cards like defensive aura to buff up his spirit (since its considered to be blocking)?
basically what happens here is that Illusiona skips flash step 1 and declare blocking step, and immediately proceeds to flash step 2. At that time, your opponent can play cards like defensive aura since you are considered blocking.
2) I have a GiantHero Titus out, of course I want to use the When Attacks effect. I play killer telescope so that my Titus can attack exhausted spirits. Problem is-he doesn't have any. He only has 2 beatbeetles, unexhausted. So I attack with another spirit, and my opponent blocks with one beatbeetle. The beatbeetle is exhuasted now, can I attack it with Titus because of my Killer Telescope's effect?
If that beatbeetle did not die when blocking the original attack from before, then you can attack that spirit with Titus after that showdown step occurs.
3)Hmmm....I was playing one time and I was thinking, is the text on Postman Pentan supposed to read as "empereur" or "emperor". If it reads as emperor, then I wonder if cards like "DragonEmperor Seigfried" count when activating its effect.
It's as empereur since there are Pentans with that type of text on it.
answers are like this in the quote
alucard sparda
alucard sparda
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 am

Thak you for replying. I have some other questions...

Last edited by Slifer on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 pm

I have question about timeless icefield (1-110)
here's how it goes....
1)I play icefield.
2)Opponents start step-I choose flyingmirage to attack.
3)Opponents main phase-buster spear to icefield.
Will icefield's effect still work?
That's because me and my bro argued, he says yes, I say no.
Also, you can't deplete/tribute the spirit right? But you can bounce it (Kell Blindi for example) destroy it (flame tempest) or exhaust it (use deadly balance on SHazoo, then exhaust your spirit.) Right?
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  alucard sparda Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm

Slifer wrote:I have question about timeless icefield (1-110)
here's how it goes....
1)I play icefield.
2)Opponents start step-I choose flyingmirage to attack.
3)Opponents main phase-buster spear to icefield.
Will icefield's effect still work?
Timeless Icefield activates before the opponent will even draw a card, and that effect will happen even if the nexus is destroyed.
That's because me and my bro argued, he says yes, I say no.
Also, you can't deplete/tribute the spirit right? But you can bounce it (Kell Blindi for example) destroy it (flame tempest) or exhaust it (use deadly balance on SHazoo, then exhaust your spirit.) Right?
You are allowed to do any of those to avoid the timeless ice field effect on that spirit
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Answers again in the quote in red
alucard sparda
alucard sparda
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:10 am

So you can deplete/tribute it?
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  alucard sparda Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 am

Slifer wrote:So you can deplete/tribute it?
yes, you can do all of the choices to that spirit
alucard sparda
alucard sparda
Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Slifer Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:31 am

So the card may not be good as I thought....I better relay this info to my opponent.
Slifer
Slifer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:11 am

Slifer wrote:Alright, I asked this in the Bandai Rules Q and A and didnt get and answer. Figures.

Yes, you go straight to flash step 2, since blockers have already been declared.

Yes, Killer Telescope states that the spirits (in this case your titus) "may" attack exhausted spirits your opponent controls. This is optional - if your opponent has an exhausted spirit you can choose to attack it, or your opponent.

It's suppose to be empereur, this effect is intended to effect the pentan spirits.

I answered all of your questions in bold.

Admin
Admin

https://battlespiritsorganiz.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down